Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato and Egg Sandwich with Home Fries
- 1 Loaf multi grain bread
- 1 heirloom tomato
- 1 bag spring mix
- 1 head of fresh garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 350F
- 2. Cut the top of the garlic off to expose the top of the garlic clove.
- 3. On a piece of aluminum foil, pour oil in the center and place the garlic head, cut side down, onto the oil. Wrap the garlic in the foil.
- 4. Place in the oven and roast for 20 minutes or until the cloves are softened.
Roasted Garlic Mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- ¼ tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup oil
- 1 head of roasted garlic
- 1. If using an immersion blender, combine egg, lemon juice, mustard, and salt. With the immersion blender, blend the egg mixture and gradually add the oil.
- 2. If using a food processor, combine egg, lemon juice, mustard and salt. With the food processor running, gradually add the oil.
- 3. Squeeze the roasted garlic out of the head and gently smash with the back of a for Bacon
- 1. Preheat oven to 350F and cook bacon until crispy. Can also cook bacon in a pan over medium heat.
1. Toast the bread and spread each slice with 1 tbsp of roasted garlic mayonnaise.
2. Place 4 slices of bacon onto the mayonnaise and top with sliced tomato.
3. Top tomato with spring mix and close the sandwich and serve with home fries.
- 5 medium Yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp oil or bacon grease
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
1. In a pan over medium heat, add the oil or bacon grease. Add the potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
2. Allow the potatoes to brown before stirring. Cook over medium heat until the potatoes are tender.